Thursday, October 7, 2010

Say a Prayer....Have Fun....Give Back....

I have done a lot of thinking lately on my photography and  I read other photography blogs for tips and ideas. So here are a few of  mine......... I like to say a little prayer in my heart that my session will go well and my client will like the photos I give them. I am not only taking photos for someone I am making memories for them, that by the way they are paying for so I better try my hardest.

When you have a gift or talent it is always wise to give back with that gift and talent. You will find yourself much happier in the end. I have seen photography work miracles for people by giving a session away! Have fun with your clients, make a fool of yourself....you might look stupid but you will catch a true smile on their face, then hurry and capture that moment. Be humble, there is no more of a turn off then a person who is not. Always strive to have those butterflies in the gut of your stomach.....days leading up to my sessions I always have butterflies...those butterflies are what keep me on my toes and make me try that much harder!

DON'T OVER SCHEDULE....I try not to have more than 1 session a week, it is not all about the money!!!!. I am first a mom and wife and that is my top priority. I don't batch process my photos....I take the time to look at each and everyone to see what that photo may need that maybe the last one did or didn't need. I like to under promise and over deliver. I think it is important to make your client feel beautiful and compliment them! Go out of your way for your client. Don't make your whole life about photography....you will get burnt out!

Be creative....find your style and be true to it, that is what makes your photos different from others! Not everyone will like your style of photography but that is ok. Always try to improve your talent. Ask other photographers for tips....some are willing to help out and it is always nice to know some other photographers in the area.

These are just some things I try to live by and things I have learned a long the way. I've said it before and I'll say it again, photography has a way of making people feel beautiful and good about themselves....what a blessing to be able to do that for others....to show them they are truly beautiful on the inside and out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tracey Ferrin
CoffeeShop Designs